After what felt like a long summer holiday, Owen went back to school, to start Year One. Coming into the holiday I was worried about how we would manage to fill six weeks, but Owen seemed to have had something on most days. We had some great bike rides, at 417 Bike Park and Cannock Chase and our main holiday to Bluestone. However there is an element of relief that we no longer have to find something to occupy him during the week!
Owen really flourished in his Reception year, even with a big stint of homeschooling – I am particularly impressed at how well he has learned to read and write. He can read books himself, and even to Henry (if the stars align and they both sit still)! Hopefully the more structured learning environment in Year One will bring him on even more, although I know Owen will miss playing in the building area.
Like last year, in addition to the mandatory photo by the front door, I asked Owen some questions, to record how he changes over the years:
- Height: 115cm
- Shoe size: 13
- Bike: Orbea MX20
- Favourite colour: Red
- Favourite food: Toad in the hole
- Favourite book: Oi Aardvark Amazon affiliate link (he generally loves all of the “Oi” series of books, and this is the latest one we got from the library)
- Favourite thing to watch on TV: Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl iPlayer link
- Best thing we did over the summer holiday: Ride our bikes at Cannock Chase
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A digger driver